Review: The Matter Of The Crown


AuthorLinda Ferreri.
Genre: Crime Thriller.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

The Crown of the Andes, one of the world's most precious and beautiful sacred objects, has been stolen right off the stage at Satterling's Auction House in New York City. Five pounds of magnificent baroque gold that ransomed the Inca Ruler Atahaulpa, and hundreds of perfect Colombian emeralds, all gone without a trace! Will this legendary treasure be destroyed for its gold and emeralds? Claire, the heroine from "One Sacred Crown," braving danger and emotional turmoil, is in hot pursuit.

Cover Review:

To be honest, I don't like the cover at all. Though the story behind it is pretty good, so I guess it's okay.

Book Review:

The Matter Of The Crown was so full of twists, revelations and even more twists that it left me confused at times! I couldn't read it in one sitting, because well life. Though whenever I wasn't reading or sleeping, my mind would go back to the book and I'd be wondering about the whys and the whos. 

I'm trying really hard to keep this review spoiler free, it's such a difficult task!

Who stole the crown was pretty easy to guess right from the moment it got stolen, yet there were many other mysteries that needed to be solved. And that's what kept me hooked. (I'd tell you more but it'd be a major spoiler, so sorry can't do!)

A mere glittering hoard serves no Godly purpose and thus would only blind those who do no more than see it sparkle.

At times, I had to skip a few pages, a chapter even because of too much description! I'm not a history lover. I mean, I enjoy reading about places and history but I don't want chapters of that stuff! Especially not in a mystery novel!

Other than that though, it was a pretty good read and I'm glad I got to read this book.


Buy The Matter Of The Crown now:



Amazon UK.

I also got a chance to have an awesome chat with the author! To read the interview, you can click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...